to be honest, I didn't really like my internship the first two days I was there. it was cool to meet the rest of the staff, however right now there's nothing to do b/c it's summer school and there are no kids there. I can't wait till school starts after labor day and that there's more to do. Today was better though than the first two... I talked more with the para and some of the teachers about what the school was like, what the kids were like, etc.... so now I'm a bit more excited about being there.
after I was done with work for the day, I hung out with my friend braden who just got back into town. he met me near my loft, then we went at ate pizza. after that we walked to union square, then walked down to soho. since we were already that far down, I was like "let's just walk to 1st street"... but we never found it, and the streets changed to names. then somehow we ended up walking to chinatown. since we were there, I was like "let's walk to little italy" since braden had never been there before... then I remembered a cool tea place I'd been to with my friend kraig, so I dragged poor braden back to chinatown to search for it. after we found the tea place, I drank some wonderful passion fruit black tea, and I was like "let's find some water"... so we went searching for either a giant fountain, a river, or even the ocean. somehow we made it to the brooklyn bridge and just decided to walk over it because neither of us had been there before.
so pretty much we walked around manhattan all evening and ended up in brooklyn not knowing where we were at. it was a fun little adventure, and eventually I made it back to my loft in manhattan... somehow!
No comments:
Post a Comment