Thursday, August 21, 2008

city waterfalls and an outdoor film festival.

today I got up pretty early. I was just going to go to a bagel shop and get a bagel and coffee and read for a bit, but instead I decided to take it to the park along the waterway. I stayed there for quite some time and was gonna go back to my loft, but instead I decided to explore some more. I walked alllllllllllll the way around the southeast parameter of manhattan and found some even cooler places than the one I posted on my blog yesterday. too bad I didn't have my camera with me :( I even discovered two waterfalls!! ha, but they were "city waterfalls." apparently they were recently built, so unless you've been in the city this summer, you haven't seen them!! (cough cough, so come visit me so you can see them!)

one of the city waterfalls

this evening I went to an outdoor film festival. everyone in boone would be proud of me b/c it was all solar powered. the film festival is going on all weekend and tonight's theme was "art and environment." the first film was about an artist named cristo and a creation he constructed called "valley curtain" in rifle, colorado. the second film was running fence and it depicted the long struggle of the same artist (cristo), who built a 24 mile fence of white fabric over the hills of california disappearing into the pacific. here are two pictures of his art:

valley curtain


running fences



overall, I had a good time, and it was a lot of fun to watch a movie outside in between the city and the river.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm the kind of guy who enjoys to taste recent things. Right now I'm manufacturing my own solar panels. I'm making it all by myself without the help of my staff. I'm using the internet as the only path to acheive that. I came across a truly awesome site which explains how to contruct pv panels and so on. The internet site explains all the steps involved in solar panel construction.

I am not exactly sure about how precise the data given there is. If some experts over here who have experience with these works can have a see and give your feedback in the site it would be awesome and I would extremely value it, cause I truly enjoy [URL=http://solar-panel-construction.com]solar panel construction[/URL].

Thanks for reading this. You guys are great.