today I went searching for the summer school site of the school where I'll be doing my internship at. I also discovered why new yorkers get the rep for being mean and angry. it's b/c they can never get anywhere they want to go. to get to the summer school site, I had to "cut through" times square. all the tourist were sooooo annoying... not because they were tourists, but because they would just stand in the way and not move. I mean, if you're lost and confused, it's ok... it happens to me all the time. however, please just stand to the side against a building. you don't need to stand in the middle of sidewalk with your entire family of five linking arms like some sort of barricade. in addition to my tourist obstacles, there was something crazy going on on broadway (the street that I was supposed to walk down for many many blocks.) I couldn't figure out what it was, but there was lots of people wearing dominican republic stuff and they were all either singing, screaming or dancing. the police even had the streets blocked off so you couldn't cross them, but eventually I snuck through one cause I had already walked 8 blocks out of my way and didn't feel like walking 10 more. sooooooooooooo over an hour later, I FINALLY made it to the school I was looking and had some coffee at a coffee shop nearby.
this evening I bought some groceries and went out to eat at the famous carnegi deli with the loft director and a few appalachian alumni who were frequent guests at the loft this summer. it was a fun little outing, and I discovered that the deli has AMAZING cheesecake.
I start my internship tomorrow morning at 8am. I'm sooooooooo excited about it, that I probably won't be able to sleep tonight. I look forward to finally meeting the counselor who I'll be working with and getting to meet some of the students as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment