Thursday, August 28, 2008

professional development.

yesterday I ate ate a strange italian restaurant with my friend braden. we had 3 waiters, one who seemed like a robot when he talked to us. another one had a breadcrumb scraper, and the other one was just awkward. it was seriously the strangest italian restaurant I've ever been too. It was so bizzare that I didn't know what else to do other than laugh at everything... poor braden. then I went to hang out in brooklyn, I think I like brooklyn better than manhattan.

in other news...

...today all of the manhattan ALC schools met for a meeting and "professional development." soooo, pretty much I was at my internship all day just sitting there. I enjoyed parts of the day because I met some new staff members and other people from other schools in the area, however some of the "professional development" parts of the day were an absurdly ridiculous waste of time.... I won't talk about them though. I will just say two words: egg-drop and concentric-circles.

there were however some good professional development things... we watched the brown eyes/blue eyes films (that I've seen before) and discussed them and stereotypes/labeling others. the great part about that was hearing all of the teachers at my school talk about how they don't label the kids who come to our site as "bad" and they really try to make our school an accepting place for them to be.... it's re-affirming to know that the staff has that attitude. apparently our school does a really good job at that compared to others in the area, so I'm really glad that I'm at the one I'm at.

:) email me or something, friends! I miss you all!!

No comments: