Monday, October 6, 2008

the subway.

today after work I was a guest at the new york institute of technology's internship class. to get there, I had to go towards the upper west side. I decided to take the W train to get there quickly, and found a seat. I was just about to turn my ipod nano on when all of a sudden I hear a booming voice scream,

"allllllllllllllll aboarrrrrrrrrd! I hope you guys are all ready for the party train this afternoon, cause if not... you picked the wroooooong boxcar!"

then all of a sudden these three somewhat elderly men break out into a acapella bee-bop type of song and dance in the aisles. see, random things like this happen ALL of the time here in the city... there are always people walking from car to car. usually they just beg for money, or play some crappy little diddy on the violin... but these party train guys were hilarious. they were sooo overly cheesy too. I mean "party train!??" who seriously says that. I don't know if words can fully express the whole situation and what it was like to be there... but the moment they actually used the word party train, the whole car of emotionless looking new yorkers dressed in all black suddenly transformed into a car full of gleeful individuals who looked curiously around, smiled, and even exchanged eye contact and giggles. a business man and two ladies who didn't seem to know each other even broke out into a dance. it was a magical moment in time. bizarre, but still cheeseily magical.

then I got off the party train.

ok, the ending of my story was a bit abrupt, so here is a picture of me at my internship. I made the bulletin board:


2 comments:

Unknown said...

are you sure YOU made that? ;-)

Unknown said...

when you come back to boone there is going to be a paaahhhhty train rolling right through the HPC office...holla back, yo!