Saturday, October 4, 2008

I'm either really super lame, or overly dedicated to learning more about counseling...

so today was quite the lazy saturday... at first.

I stayed out way later than I should have last night showing the german guy who was staying here some cool places in the east village and teaching him about american culture... so I woke up fairly late then just layed around and watched a movie. eventually I ventured out into the daylight for some chinese food. after that I decided to try out a new coffee place I had saw on 3rd ave and read a bit from this book that rivers suggested I should read. I think I may have FINALLY found a decent coffee shop! it has good coffee and good lighting. it could use some more comfortable seating, but they play old 20's and 30's music in the background, so that makes up for lack of couches and comfy chairs.

after that, for some reason I was highly motivated to become more organized. (this is the part in my day where I turned super lame... maybe it was the coffee?!??) soooooo, I bought some post its tabs and a new notebook to keep track of the things I need/want to know about my students, and the counseling services I am providing for them. I wrote a lot of stuff in that, then decided to look up stuff on the internet about group counseling and counseling in alternative schools. I found tonsssss of things online, and pretty much just read research articles for the rest of the night.

yeah, so despite my saturday sounding way more dorky than I intended for it to be, I had a very good day and feel like I got a lot of things accomplished.

No comments: