Tuesday, October 21, 2008

booo for today.

well... there's no point in denying it right now... but I was severely disappointed with my internship today. don't worry friends, I'll be perfectly fine and back on track/motivated tomorrow (hopefully), but today I got really bummed out by it.

It's just so easy to get discouraged and annoyed when you know for a fact that what you're doing is the right thing, but others are too close minded and jaded to realize it.

I'm a smart person, I know that... and I know and understand my role as a school counselor. I'm also the kind of person who is going to advocate for myself AND my students instead of being walked all over. At times, I feel like this causes more trouble than it's worth... but at the same time, if someone doesn't say something... then who will? and how will change occur?


ha, I think I've ranted and shared enough. I miss you friends!

1 comment:

Sarah Suttles said...

Hang in there. You're amazing... and you know it. Stand up for what you think is right... someone needs to! Love you. Miss you... like woah.