Sunday, September 7, 2008

the weekend.

so this weekend me and alicia did the whole crazy “going out in new york” thing.

we’re lucky to still be alive.

however it was a lot of fun and we made a lot friends in the process… bryan who has the thickets glasses and thickest irish accent ever, dan the trumpet player and the rest of his ska band, amad the egyptian falafel maker, a stalker who alicia beat up, lots of guys with gelled hair that I hope to never see again, reefer the homeless man who’s not homeless, rob and lee, “paolo is awesome”, and gill.

here is a picture me and alicia discovered at the local mcdonalds this weekend. it's cool to be artsy up here, so this place had ridiculous artwork like this:


ohhh, and I forgot to update yall about my internship!! we had a student come on Friday and I got to learn how to do an “intake” with him! I was ridiculously excited about it b/c I was starting to think I’d never see any kids. It was also my last day of PD, which I was soooo thankful for.

and last but not least, I discovered a new favorite store of mine… anthropologie! not for the clothes, but for the housing stuff! I spent over an hour in there looking at cool things. I was soooooooooo close to buying these really cool sparrow door knob things for dresser drawers, but then I realized 1) I don’t have a dresser here and 2) I don’t even own one at home that needs new knobs… so I made a wise decision and used self-control by not purchasing the coolest thing I’d ever seen.

3 comments:

Liz said...

yay for kids!!!

Liz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Liz said...

without them our jobs would not be possible