Tuesday, September 2, 2008

my fort.

I had to sit though more PD (it stands for "professional development"... new yorkers are all about abbreviating everything so I've learned) today. again, it was quite ridiculous and overwhelmingly boring, so I won't talk about it. the worst part is that I have to sit through it ALL week.

we had one student show up for the first day of school. it was really exciting, at least for me... because I was beginning to doubt that any students would ever show up. I've been a bit concerned lately about not meeting my direct internship hour requirements for my class (due to the fact that there are no students to work with) but my supervisor assured me today that they'll all get suspended from their home-school sites this week, and we'll have never-ending amounts of work to do soon enough.

in other news, me and alicia worked on our forts today! (aka, our bunkbeds--as interns, we're allowed to hang out fabric to create make-shift rooms for privacy if we don't want to see the guests all of the time.) she built hers, and I made some additions to mine, including a door section that now slides.

here is a picture of my "room"--in the picture, the "door" is open, but it can slide all the way across for complete coverage. one thing you can't see in the picture is the little pockets on the backside of the curtain that faces in towards the bedroom. the pockets are convenient little storage places for things like earplugs (when annoying guests are snoring) flashlights, my phone, etc. also notice the lovely windowseal that i call my own (even though technically I'm not supposed to) on it sits a even more lovely lithograph picture of the jonas brothers, which I inherited from a guest who left it here. :)--


No comments: