so I'm sitting here in the kitchen waiting for this super lame pot of pasta to boil (see above)... it's taking so long that I decided I'd take a picture of it, then blog about it and other things that have been going on recently.
it's been almost a month since I've moved here and I'm FINALLY starting to like it better. I mean, it was cool and all at first, but then it was just hard to transition and get used to it. regardless, today it felt more like my home.
I went to my internship and worked today. more BORING PD, blah blah blah. while the presenter was blabbing on about stuff that hurt my head too much to listen to, I did a lot of thinking. I realized that this is only the 2nd year of existance for the alternative school that I'm at, so I thought about that some. The PD we were doing is about this thing called Advisory that I won't bore you with, and since our type of suspension school is so new, the consultation group has no clue how to implement it at our sites, so pretty much what we're doing is creating our own programs out of thin air. I LOVE the idea of that though... cause I'm not really the kind of person who likes cookie-cutter ideas that are sold to you, and have been around for years and years, just cause that's the way things have always been. there still aren't any kids at our school yet, but we're supposed to get 3 of them tomorrow... who knows if they'll show though.
one of my co-workers is teaching a class on hip hop and how it relates to changes in our society and culture. today he showed me his syllabus, and told me alllllllllll about it. it was actually really interesting, so I think I'm gonna go out and buy a book about it since I'm not a student and can't take his class.
let's see... what else is going on. me and my roomie (alica the new intern... who will now be referred to as my roomie, instead of the new intern) went running today at the park by the river. well, you guys all know I really walked... but anyway, a guy tried to say hello to me as I was walking, but in the process he tripped over his own two feet and then ran away as fast as he could. I guess he was just really embarrassed... to me though it was HILARIOUS.
my stupid pasta is STILL not boiling. how lame.
ohhhh, the roomie introduced me to a new band that I'm loving right now called "she and him." if ya got myspace, go listen to them NOW. http://www.myspace.com/sheandhim
she likes good music, so we're gonna go to lots of good shows up here!! yay! old crow medicine show is playing twice, so we're def. gonna make it out to one of those and potentially tons more we looked up the other night.
ok, so my food is starting to cook, I think I'm gonna go check on it now...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
does your friend know any hip hop moves for elementary students?
Post a Comment