if you know me well, you know that I lovvvvvvve visiting new cities... so the other week when my friend mike invited me to go to his sister's halloween party and visit his lovely hometown of boston... I couldn't say no!
so on friday after school we got on a chinatown bus and headed to boston! it was a lot of fun and I really liked the city. his mom made pumpkin pancakes for breakfast one morning, yay!
state 4: new jersey!
as soon as I got back from boston, I hopped on the PATH train and headed out to newark, NJ to see a concert. my roommate, AWESOME alicia, works for MTV and helped out with all the licensing for the game rockband, so she used her connections and got us some AMAZING tickets to the rockband LIVE tour featuring DASHBOARD, PANIC at the DISCO, plain white tees, and the cab. it was sooooooooooo good and a lot of fun too.
after the concert, alicia was curious as to see how far backstage she could get using her charm, intellect, and mtv ID... so we ventured around the venue in search for a way to accomplish her mission. this is probably one of those "you had to be there" stories, but it was hilarious. first we walked up to one of the security guards, who she told some random elaborate story to about how she's writing an editorial for the show... who then directed us to someone else, who we talked with for a bit, who then directed us somewhere else, then somewhere else. to make a long story short, she pretended to interview security and stage hands and anyone else involved with the show for a "behind the scenes" look at the rockband tour using her cell phone as a pretend recording device ... and we eventually ended up backstage. (mission complete!!)
however it wasn't that exciting. none of the bands were back there. so then we just went to the parking lot where the buses were and ended up talking with some of the guys from the cab for a bit as part of her "interview."
here is a pic from the show that I took on my phone... not the best, but here it is anyway:
dashboard!!

in other news... the private room is free for the next three days, so me and alicia are taking advantage of the TV in here. I just saw a commercial for a new show called WHALE WARS on animal planet... we both are really excited about it. I mean, I'm not one for the discovery channel and shows like that, but this one looked really really exciting. here is a link to it, check it out: http://animal.discovery.com/tv/whale-wars/
whale wars.

No comments:
Post a Comment